The Stranglers - The Raven mp3 flacPerformer: The Stranglers
Title: The Raven
Style: New Wave, Punk
Size MP3 version: 1797 mb
Size FLAC version: 1696 mb
Size WMA version: 1669 mb
Format: AA AHX VOX DMF DXD XM FLAC
The Stranglers - The Raven mp3 flac
My fanvid of The Stranglers classic The Raven.
Listen free to The Stranglers – The Raven (Longships, The Raven and more).
The Raven is the fourth studio album by English new wave band The Stranglers. It was released on 21 September 1979, through record label United Artists. The first two songs, much of the artwork (the band is shown standing on the prow of a Viking longship) and the album title refer to Norse mythology. The album deals with a variety of issues, including Japanese ritual suicide ("Ice"), heroin use ("(Don't Bring) Harry"), the Iranian Revolution ("Shah Shah a Go Go") and genetic engineering ("Genetix").
The Stranglers – The Raven. Label: United Artists Records – UAG 30262. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album. This release has the image of Joh Bjelke-Petersen and Australia map on the inner sleeve artwork. This is the version without the raven's picture as a hologram o lenticular print on the front of the sleeve. Inner Sleeve: Engineered at Pathe Marconi Studio, Paris, June 1979. Mixed at Air London Studios. We would like to thank the following: Paul 'Sheds' Jackson, Martin Mulligan, Alan McStravich, Max Prior, Sandie Read, Alan Edwards, Paul Loasby, Ground Control, Super Mick Lights Management: Ian Grant, Black And White Management
By the time The Raven was released, the Stranglers had branched out a bit from their punk-influenced pop music stylings and grouchy p-based lyrics. Half the songs on this album (among them "Dead Loss Angeles," "Nuclear Device," "Shah Shah a Gogo," and "Genetix") spout verses critical of social or political issues. Only the first of these four numbers, with its clipped vocal delivery and stripped-down, bass-heavy arrangement, shows significant British punk influence.
3. Dead Loss Angeles Lyrics.
Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album4. 3. Dead Loss Angeles. Other productions from The Stranglers. The Raven was released on 21 September 1979. It reached No. 4 in the UK albums chart, remaining in the chart for eight weeks. However, it is believed it should have made No. 1 but for an error in the chart.
Artists The Stranglers The Raven. The Raven The Stranglers. This album has an average beat per minute of 129 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 84/166 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||Dead Loss Angeles
Bass [2nd] – Hugh Cornwell
|B1||Shah Shah A Go Go||4:51|
|B2||(Don't Bring) Harry||4:09|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Liberty/United Records (UK) Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Liberty/United Records (UK) Ltd.
- Engineered At – Studio Pathé Marconi EMI
- Mixed At – Air Studios
- Published By – April Music Ltd.
- Published By – Albion Music Ltd.
- Artwork [Cover Concept] – The Stranglers
- Bass, Vocals – Jean Jacques Burnel*
- Composed By – The Stranglers
- Design [Coordination] – John Pasche
- Design [Inner Sleeve] – Shoot That Tiger!
- Drums – Jet Black
- Engineer – Alan Winstanley
- Guitar, Vocals – Hugh Cornwell
- Keyboards, Vocals – Dave Greenfield
- Lacquer Cut By – DP*
- Management – Ian Grant
- Mixed By – Alan Winstanley, Steve Churchyard
- Photography By [2d Cover Photo] – Chris Ryan
- Photography By [3d Cover Photo] – Toppan
- Photography By [Back Cover Photo] – Paul Cox
- Photography By [Inner Bag Photo] – Allan Ballard
- Producer – Alan Winstanley, The Stranglers
Notes(p) 1979 Liberty-United Records (UK) Ltd.
Inner sleeve contains lyrics & artwork
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: SOKOJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A (Variant 1)): LSUA 73106 A 250280 DP
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B (Variant 1)): LSUA 73106 A 250280 DP
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A (Variant 2)): LSUA-73106-1 250280 DP
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B (Variant 2)): LSUA-73106-2 250280 DP
|UAG 30262||The Stranglers||The Raven (LP, Album, Ltd)||United Artists Records||UAG 30262||UK||1979|
|GP-765, GP 765||The Stranglers||The Raven (LP, Album, Promo, 3D )||United Artists Records, United Artists Records||GP-765, GP 765||Japan||1979|
|UAJ(L)1017||The Stranglers||The Raven (LP, Album)||United Artists Records||UAJ(L)1017||South Africa||1979|
|4XQ-17190||The Stranglers||The Raven (Cass, Album, RE, Dol)||EMI America||4XQ-17190||US||1985|
|UAG 30262||The Stranglers||The Raven (LP, Album, MP)||United Artists Records||UAG 30262||UK||1979|