Wishbone Ash - Argus mp3 flacPerformer: Wishbone Ash
Style: Space Rock, Prog Rock, Classic Rock
Size MP3 version: 1536 mb
Size FLAC version: 1113 mb
Size WMA version: 1224 mb
Format: AIFF WAV APE XM MP2 VQF MIDI
Wishbone Ash - Argus mp3 flac
Wishbone Ash. Лицензиар.
Wishbone Ash : Argus,альбом, рецезия, трек-лист, mp3, тексты песен.
Argus - Wishbone Ash. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией.
Album · 1972 · 10 Songs. Argus (Remastered) Wishbone Ash. Rock.
Покупайте на интернет-аукционе. Это дешево и интересно.
Argus is a music studio album recording by WISHBONE ASH (Prog Related/Progressive Rock) released in 1972 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Argus Extra tracks · Remastered Geffen 2002.
Wishbone Ash. Argus (LP, Album). MCA Records, MCA Records, MCA Records. Mdks 8006, maps 6007, maps. This, much like Wishbone Ashes first album on MCA Records has quite a lackluster sound. Its very low end murky and quiet for the most part, making worn copies very hard to play. Not very dynamic or present either and just leaves me dumbfounded at why no one else mentions this. There are some nice harmonics and detail in the soundstage compared to the forst album though and it shows how tjis was recorded better. Too bad the mastering engineer was not. I have no idea if any other release better the slacking aspects or not but it would be great to hear someones input on it.
Formed in 1969 and releasing their first album in 1970, English classic rock band Wishbone Ash were pioneers of the twin lead guitar sound which was also used by Thin Lizzy and which would become famous in the 80s through the work of Iron Maiden. Some of their early work, including this album, is actually progressive rock, although no keyboards are used. What immediately stands out on Argus are the bass lines of bassist, vocalist Martin Turner.
by their relative facelessness and the generic nature of their compositions, Argus, their third album, was the one on which they looked like they finally were going to forge their own unique amalgamation of all those styles into a sound of their own. The album boasted extended compositions, some of them ("Time Was," "Sometime World") actually medleys of different tunes, played with assurance and developing into imaginative explorations of new musical territory and group interaction.
It was named Album of the Year in the 1972 year-end issue of Sounds magazine. The album is medieval-themed, featuring a blend of progressive rock, folk, and hard rock, and is considered a landmark album in the progression of twin-lead guitar harmonisation later adopted by bands such as Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden
Tracklist Hide Credits
|4||The King Will Come||7:05|
|5||Leaf And Stream||4:06|
|7||Throw Down The Sword
Organ – John Tout
|Bonus Tracks from "Live From Memphis" Promotional EP|
|8||Jail Bait (Live)||4:57|
|9||The Pilgrim (Live)||10:10|
- Record Company – Universal Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records
- Copyright (c) – MCA Records
- Distributed By – Universal Music & Video Distribution, Corp.
- Remastered At – Universal Mastering Studios West
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 52922819
- Art Direction [Reissue] – Vartan
- Bass Guitar – Martin Turner
- Coordinator [Production Coordination] – Beth Stempel
- Design [Cover Design], Photography By [Outer] – Hipgnosis
- Design [Reissue] – Artministry, Inc.
- Drums – Steve Upton
- Engineer – Martin Birch (tracks: 1-7), Richard Rosebrough (tracks: 8 to 10)
- Lead Guitar – Andy Powell (tracks: 2 to 5, 9 to 10), Ted Turner (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7)
- Liner Notes – Leon Tsilis
- Percussion – Steve Upton
- Photography By [Inside] – Barrie Wentzell
- Producer – Derek Lawrence (tracks: 1-7)
- Remastered By – Eric Kvortek, Erick Labson
- Remix – Martin Turner (tracks: 1-7)
- Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Harmony Lead Guitar] – Andy*, Ted*
- Supervised By [Reissue] – Andy McKaie, Leon Tsilis
- Vocals – Andy* (tracks: 2 to 4, 6 to 7, 9), Mart*, Ted* (tracks: 1, 3)
NotesBonus tracks cover the entire Wishbone Ash - Wishbone Ash Live From Memphis album.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 08811 28162 5
- Rights Society: BIEM / SDRM
- Matrix / Runout (Version 1& 2): [4xUniversal Logo] 00088 112 816-2 01 * 52922819
- Mastering SID Code (Version 1& 2): IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code (Version 1): IFPI 0113
- Mould SID Code (Version 2): IFPI 0153
- Other (Version 1): Made In Germany By EDC
- Barcode (Version 2): Made In Germany By EDC A
|MDKS 8006, MAPS 6007, MAPS.6007||Wishbone Ash||Argus (LP, Album)||MCA Records, MCA Records, MCA Records||MDKS 8006, MAPS 6007, MAPS.6007||UK||1972|
|DL 7-5347, MCA-49||Wishbone Ash||Argus (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Decca, MCA Records||DL 7-5347, MCA-49||US||1973|
|662.005, MCTP 91544||Wishbone Ash||Argus (Cass, Album, RE)||MCA Records, MCA Records||662.005, MCTP 91544||Germany||1972|
|6.21 764, 62.005||Wishbone Ash||Argus (LP, Album, RE)||MCA Records, MCA Records||6.21 764, 62.005||Germany||1977|
|CLALP 140||Wishbone Ash||Argus (LP, Album, TP, W/Lbl)||Castle Classics||CLALP 140||UK||1987|